Every marketing piece should have a call to action that helps direct the reader to the next step. Whether you want them to click a link, download a file, or contact your business, here are a few tips to ensure your call to action gets noticed and utilized:
- Keep it short and simple using action verbs, such as call, buy, register, donate, or subscribe.
- Be specific about what you want readers to do. For example, if you want customers to contact you to set up an appointment, don’t just say “contact us.”
- Make it easy for readers by using a direct shortcut link to your sign-up page or order form, versus sending them on a wild goose chase through your website.
- Create urgency with a deadline such as “offer expires May 31” or “order now and get a free gift!”
- Include a benefit for contacting you. Instead of saying “Download our whitepaper,” say “Expand your customer base with these 10 tips.”
- Popularity sells. If your information is high demand, consider including the number of times a document has been downloaded.
- Build trust by including customer logos or relevant testimonials near your call to action.
- Provide your call to action multiple times throughout your website or marketing materials.
- Size and location matter. Make sure your call to action is easily visible and prominently located so readers don’t miss it.